Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Review Number Two!

I'm trying things a little differently here on my second review. As you can see, I have a picture of an *unopened* bottle. This is a good start.

Tonight I have a Meridian again, but this time it is a Cabernet Sauvignon.

My first sip (completely sober, I might add):
The tannins immediately strike me as... hmm
Ok, the bouquet is... err...
Alright, I'll be honest, I don't really know this technical lingo.

The wine tastes strong, but not overbearing. It's good stuff. Well worth the $6. Funny story, I actually got this at a different grocery store in town. If you recall, I tried two other Meridian varieties in my first review. I also saved $6 on this bottle. They must be getting ready for a recall or something... Anyway, it went great with the pasta I had for dinner.

That brings me to the subject of pairing wine with food. I'd suggest first trying it with pasta, because frankly, you can't go wrong with pasta (unless you are my old roommate).

I'd really recommend wine with food if you find the wine to be too strong at first. A lot of wine newbies have trouble because wine is a little more intense than beer. Food can really help calm it down. And no, you should not add pop to wine, that's called pulling a "Rew."

No comments: